The ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 teams up NVIDIA’s A-list GPU with an elite cast of specialists, setting the stage for epic gaming action. Gargantuan power delivery provides the muscle to push overclocking boundaries, while cooling that’s honed to perfection keeps the spotlight squarely on Turing’s performance. And with an arsenal of utilities that allow you to customize and tweak this extreme hardware, you call the shots.
- NVIDIA TURING: ROG GeForce RTX graphics cards are powered by the Turing GPU architecture and the all-new RTX platform. This gives you up to 6X the performance of previous-generation graphics cards and brings the power of real-time ray tracing and AI to games
- DirectX 12: Power new visual effects and rendering techniques for more lifelike gaming
- 4K: Step up to the ultimate 4K gaming experience with GeForce RTX and enjoy today’s biggest games in amazing detail
- Axial-tech Fans feature an all-around better design and IP5X dust resistance
- 2.7-Slot Design expands cooling surface area by over 20% compared to last gen
- MaxContact Technology allows 2X more contact with the GPU chip for improved thermal transfer
- Auto-Extreme Technology uses automation to enhance reliability
- Super Alloy Power II includes premium alloy chokes, solid polymer capacitors, and an array of high-current power stages to fuel Turing’s cores
- ASUS FanConnect II equips 2 hybrid-controlled fan headers for optimal system cooling
To keep Turing’s temperatures under tight control, we’ve brought a larger cooler to the table, which necessitates a more powerful and efficient fan that must maintain a whisper-quiet acoustic profile. Axial-tech meets these three design challenges by implementing our latest innovations for fan performance. We’ve reduced the size of the fan’s hub to allow for longer blades and added a barrier ring that increases structural integrity and downward air pressure through the ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080’s heatsink array. And we’ve also implemented IP5X dust resistance to seal the fan’s internals from particle ingress to keeps things running smoothly. The new design allows Axial-tech fans to shift more air and spin at higher speeds without increasing noise levels.
DirectX 12 Ultimate
DirectX 12 Ultimate is the newest version of the API and new gold standard for the next-generation of games. DirectX 12 Ultimate takes games to a whole new level of realism with support for ray tracing, mesh shaders, variable rate shading, and sampler feedback. GeForce RTX is the first and only PC platform with support for these game-changing features.