- Ready for 12th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors
- Optimal Power Solution: 18+1 power stages with 8+8 ProCool II power connectors, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized Thermal Design: Integrated I/O cover and VRM heatsinks with high conductivity thermal pad, L-shaped heatpipe, an M.2 Combo-sink for PCIe® 5.0 M.2 slot and M.2 heatsinks for two M.2 slots
- High-performance Networking: On-board Intel® WiFi 6E (802.11ax) and Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI® 2.1 and DisplayPort™ 1.4 output, five M.2 slots (including two on the bundled ROG Hyper M.2 card) plus USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C®
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive AI Overclocking, AI Cooling, AI Networking and Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation to simplify setup and improve performance
- DIY Friendly Design: PCIe® Slot Q-Release, M.2 Q-Latch, pre-mounted I/O shield, BIOS FlashBack™ button, and Clr CMOS button
- Unmatched Personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including a RGB header and three addressable Gen 2 headers
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio: ALC4080 with Savitech SV3H712 amplifier, along with DTS® Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III
- Renowned Software: Bundled AIDA64 Extreme 60 days free trial version and intuitive UEFI BIOS dashboard with integrated MemTest86
Digital power control and an array of power stages provide the muscle needed to control the latest Intel CPUs.
1. 8+8 ProCool II Power Connector
ASUS ProCool II connectors are built to tight specifications to ensure full contact with power supply cable wiring. A metal sheath improves heat dissipation, and low electrical impedance helps prevent hotspots and bolsters reliability.
2. TEAMED POWER STAGES
18+1 power stages combine high-side and low-side MOSFETS and drivers into a single package, delivering power and efficiency that the latest Intel processors can take full advantage of.
3. ALLOY CHOKES AND DURABLE CAPACITORS
High-end chokes and durable capacitors are engineered to resist extreme temperatures, enabling performance that exceeds industry standards.
4. DIGI+ POWER CONTROL
The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) is one of the finest in the industry, ensuring ultrasmooth and clean power delivery to the CPU.
Two thick VRM heatsinks connected by a heat pipe and bonded to a pre-mounted metal I/O shield provide ample surface area and mass to handle the power needs of high-performance 12th Gen Intel processors.2. Thermal Pads
High-grade thermal pads efficiently transfer heat from the inductor and phase array to the heatsink.3. M.2 Combo-Sink
An M.2 heatsink with a direct-contact heat pipe delivers ample surface area, enabling optimal running temperatures for PCIe 5.0 M.2 NVMe drives, even when airflow is restricted.
4. M.2 Backplates
The integrated M.2 backplates help ensure that high-performance drives deliver peak performance, even when airflow is restricted.
5. M.2 Heatsinks
The M.2 heatsinks keep the M.2 SSDs at optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
Comprehensive memory tuning options are the cornerstone of ROG motherboards. For DDR5, the Strix Z690 lineup breaks performance limits by providing a stacked suite of overclocking parameters for not only high-speed kits, but even entry-level memory modules that have a locked power management IC (PMIC).
A dedicated circuit on the motherboard safely circumvents DDR5 memory PMIC restrictions, allowing you to step past the default 1.1-volt limit and push frequency and timings to the max.
Ordinarily, a restricted PMIC that has been unlocked requires the system to be fully power-cycled each time memory voltage is adjusted. ROG motherboards leverage onboard hardware and firmware to cleverly work around this irksome limitation, enabling voltage adjustments to be applied through the same soft system-reset process employed for previous generations of DDR memory.
* ASUS Enhanced Memory Profile (AEMP) is an exclusive firmware feature for PMIC-restricted memory modules. AEMP automatically detects the memory chips on a kit and then presents optimized frequency, timing and voltage profiles that can be effortlessly applied to unleash performance.
Onboard WiFi 6E technology takes advantage of the newly available radio spectrum in the 6 GHz band. It provides up to three times the bandwidth of the 5 GHz band and up to seven 160 MHz bands to deliver ultrafast wireless networking speeds and improved capacity as well as better performance in dense wireless environments.Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet
Onboard 2.5 Gb Ethernet gives your wired connection a boost, delivering up to 2.5X the speed of standard Ethernet connections for faster file transfers, low-lag gaming and high-resolution video streaming.
ROG SupremeFX is a unique blend of hardware and software that provides superior audio. In ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi, SupremeFX features the ALC4080 codec to increase playback resolution from 192 kHz to 384 kHz across all channels. The front-panel output is streamed through a highly integrated Savitech amplifier that’s capable of driving of a wide variety of gaming headsets and high-fidelity headphones.
1. Audio path isolation
Specially designed circuit separation filters out electromagnetic interference from the motherboard and anything directly attached to it.
2. Audio chip shield
A specially crafted metal cover protects against ambient electromagnetic interference, preserving the integrity of audio signals to ensure the best sound quality.
3. Premium Audio Capacitors
High-quality components produce a warmer, more natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
4. Savitech SV3H712 amplifier
The integrated Savitech amplifier greatly improves THD+N performance from 72 to 83 dB, cleaning up distortion and noise for a clean, pristine sound.
A physical button unlocks the first PCIe slot’s security latch with one tap, greatly simplifying the process of detaching a PCIe card from the motherboard when it’s time to upgrade to a new GPU or other compatible device.2. M.2 Q-LATCH
The innovative Q-Latch makes it easy to install or remove an M.2 SSD without the need for specific tools. The design employs a simple locking mechanism to secure the drive and neatly eliminate traditional screws.3. CLR CMOS BUTTON
A quick press of the Clr CMOS button helps reset BIOS settings. It can also be used to reboot the PC if incorrect BIOS settings have been selected.
BIOS FLASHBACK™ BUTTON
BIOS FlashBack™ is the simplest and safest way to update BIOS. Simply drop the (UEFI) BIOS file onto a FAT32-formatted USB stick, and plug it into the USB BIOS FlashBack port and press the button. Updates can even be performed without having memory or a CPU installed.
Diagnostic codes provide a reference for fast and easy lookup of common installation and component issues.
Intel® Socket LGA1700 for 12th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors
Supports 3 x M.2 slots and 6 x SATA 6Gb/s ports
1 x Intel® 2.5Gb Ethernet
- Wireless & Bluetooth
2×2 Tri-Band Intel Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/ax/az + BT5.2
Rear USB:Total 12 ports, Front USB:Total 7 ports
- Operating System
Windows® 11 64-bit, Windows® 10 64-bit
- Form Factor
ATX, 30.5cm x 24.4cm
|Motherboard Chipset||Intel Z690|
|Motherboard Form Factor||ATX|
|Motherboard Max. RAM Support||128|
|Motherboard Socket||LGA 1700|