TUF Gaming Z490-Plus distills essential elements of the latest Intel® platform and combines them with game-ready features and proven durability. Engineered with military-grade components, an upgraded power solution and a comprehensive set of cooling options, this motherboard delivers rock-solid performance with unwavering gaming stability.
When you build with a TUF Gaming motherboard, you also benefit from the TUF Gaming Alliance — an ASUS collaboration with trusted industry partners that ensures easier building, best compatibility, and complementary aesthetics from components to case.
From digital power control and an array of power stages to military-grade TUF components, TUF Gaming Z490-Plus is armed to tame the latest 10th Gen Intel® CPUs.
1. DrMOS : The onboard VRM of TUF Gaming Z490-Plus utilizes 12+2 DrMOS power stages that combine high-side and low-side MOSFETs and drivers into a single package, delivering the power and efficiency that 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors demand.
2. 6-Layer PCB Design : Multiple PCB layers shift heat away from critical components, providing more headroom to push CPUs beyond stock speeds.
3. ProCool Sockets : Compared with traditional power inputs, ProCool sockets are built to tight specifications to ensure flush contact with PSU power lines. The resulting lower impedance helps to prevent hotspots and connector failure.
4. TUF Components : Certified military-grade TUF chokes and TUF capacitors deliver rock-steady power to the CPU, improving system stability.
5. Digi+ VRM : The integrated Digi+ VRM voltage-regulator module (VRM) is one of the finest in the industry, ensuring ultra-smooth and ultra-clean power delivery to the CPU at all times.
1. Thermal pad : High-quality thermal pads help transfer heat from the inductor and phase array to the heatsink.
2. M.2 Heatsink : The M.2 heatsink keeps the M.2 SSD at the optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
● Multiple temperature sources : Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling, and all settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or via the UEFI.
● AiO water-cooling set : An integrated AiO system enables full control of PWM or DC water pumps, making it perfect for custom or self-contained cooling setups.
● 4-pin PWM/DC fan : All onboard headers support auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
*Actual transmission speed will be lower than theoretical maximum speed.
Revisions to the motherboard’s trace routing provide the latest Intel processors with unrestricted access to memory bandwidth. ASUS OptiMem II technology carefully maps memory signal pathways across different PCB layers to reduce vias and adds shielding zones that significantly reduce crosstalk.
• Improved memory stability and compatibility
• Allows lower memory latencies at equivalent voltages
• Improved memory frequency margin
Motherboards with OptiMem ll technology were tested with Synopsys HSPICE simulation software.
● ESD Guards : ESD Guards prolong the life of components while preventing damage from electrostatic discharge, providing protection for up to +/- 10 kV of air discharge and +/- 6 kV of contact discharge — greatly surpassing the respective industry standards of +/- 6 kV and +/- 4 kV.
● TUF LANGuard : TUF LANGuard is a military-grade innovation that integrates advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounted capacitors to improve throughput, protecting the motherboard from lightning strikes and static electricity.
● DRAM overvoltage protection : Onboard resettable fuses prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage. This extends beyond I/O ports to DRAM to safeguard the lifespan of your system and connected devices.
● Stainless-steel back I/O panel : TUF Gaming motherboards have a corrosion-resistant stainless-steel back I/O panel bonded with chromium oxide to provide a 3X-longer lifespan versus traditional panels.